Maranacook on Dec 3
While you guys are floating around after Bates, I thought I'd toss in some things to remember for the next tournament at Maranacook on December 3rd. We have 5 practices scheduled. Remember that Tue-Wed-Thurs has a 4pm bus and Friday has 6pm bus.
Item 1: Get judges! We could have taken a couple more to Bates with one more judge. Judges also need as much advance warning as possible (they have lives) and we also need to give them some very basic training during a practice session.
Item 2: Get judges! I can't play coach without enough judges. I can have "eyes and ears" in the room with you but I can do better watching directly.
Item 3: Get judges! Mike's grandfather can't help as much now. In effect we have only 2 judges now.
Item 4: Read the invitation and info about Maranacook. No supper planned. We don't really pass a large restaurant but we could stop at a store.
Item 5: Some of your ballots mentioned a lack of information and or knowledge of the US constitution. Fix that weakness before December 2nd. You cannot compete well with information you haven't tested in practice, so find a cozy place after you've filled up on turkey and read about the Constitution, or grab a copy of the Federalist Papers.
Item 6: Our behavior at the Bates awards ceremony could have been a tiny bit better. No one complained but let's keep it that way. You guys did have some excuse to get carried away though.
Item 7: Keep working on your cases. You know your competitors are doing the same.
Item 8: Sign up on the clipboard for Maranacook and Noble. Sign up judges too!
Item 9: Fill out enough of your Blogger user profile so that I can identify you. A first name or nick name is enough. You don't have to be too specific if you want to avoid Internet weirdos. BJ and Norman: take a census of people who are on this blog and who is using it. We have people all over the place as far as being invited and properly registered etc.
Mr. C
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home