Affirmative Outline
I've been doing a little research on the subject, and have come to the following conclusion: I dont like this resolution. That being said, I am thinking about using this outline for my case:
Value: Justice/Democracy (BooYah! catch-all V's)
V Criterion: Social Contract
Con1: Eminent Domain removes the citizen's right of sovereignty(?)
Talk about representative democracy and how ED completely undermines this right. I personally enjoy linking removal of sovereignty to tyranny... Be careful with this snowball effect though (If they pick this power up, what other powers will they create)
Con2: ED manipulates/sacrafices the individual in favor of convenience. ED is all about convenience, as the situations could have been accomplished without the theft of property, but it was easier. (BooYah! Kant)
Con3: ED violates the basic fundamental(s) of SocCon, the right to property definitely, but I am also working on the life and pursuit of happiness. Follow me on this: (A) Life- the right not to have your life taken, either through force or neglect= removing your habitat; but the whole due compensation crap kinda ruins this. (B) Pursuit= Stealing your stuff hardly seems a happy event to me.
Con4: ED places a price on lives and memories, violates privacy, liberty, etc. People grow up in their homes, have memories tied to them, etc, and ED places a price on this w/out the consent of those involved. This could tie in with the Kantonism (Con2) as well.
This is what I have come up with thus far. Hopefully I'll be able to do a Neg, but I'm wiped. Here is a good explantion of ED: http://www.expertlaw.com/library/real_estate/eminent_domain.html
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home