Great Day at Bangor
Here is what I put in the Monday morning notices:
*************
The Dirigo Speech and Debate Team had a "banner day" at the Bangor Tournament on Saturday.
In Humorous Interpretation Speech Garrett Keene earned 3rd place and Chelsea Bernard earned 2nd place. Ashley Moro earned an Honorable Mention for Original Works speech. The team of Chelsea Bernard and Garrett Keene earned an Honorable Mention for Duo Interpretation in their first team event. That's 4 awards for 3 competitors.
In Debate the Varsity Public Forum team of Abby Beggs and Molly VanLieu earned an Honorable Mention their first time out. Justin Conant took 3rd place in Novice Debate; first timer Meredith Brown earned an Honorable Mention in Novice Debate and while Emily Ray finished just behind her. That's 3 of the top 5 spots for the novice event. In Varsity Debate, Mike Dunn and BJ McCollister finished 2nd and 3rd, for their second week in the top 3 in Maine. After the early start and long bus ride, the 12 competitors earned 9 awards total.
3 Comments:
Nice work team!!! We are really starting to look pretty impressive, You are all fantastic!
Mon Oct 29, 06:37:00 PM 2007
According to Emily's analysis, Justin, Meri and Emily were in a three way tie for third. Still, we had 5 of the top 10 (out of 5 each for Varsity and Novice). I think two weeks of 2nd and 3rd in Varsity makes Mike and BJ the "dynamic duo" that everyone wants to beat!
You guys are HOT right now! I think Bangor is going to get back into the game now with Coach Pelletier back.(he and I had LD'ers at Charlotte Nationals). Don't forget Deering. A fun season is shaping up.
If Abby and Molly stay where they are in PF, we could have a few more contenders for Nationals.
5 National qualifiers possible. I'll have to come up with a bet for that!
Mr. C
Tue Oct 30, 10:01:00 AM 2007
and getting hotter. As for LD varsity I don't know what BJ thinks but the deering Varsity were really weak I beat all three I went against and I didnt hit Bangor in Varsity.
Tue Oct 30, 02:02:00 PM 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home